All WHO Strain Recs Now Selected for 2019-20 Flu Season
UPDATED: April 5, 2019
The World Health Organization (WHO) has finalized all of their influenza vaccine strain recommendations for the 2019-2020 northern hemisphere flu season.
It is recommended that quadrivalent vaccines for use in the 2019-2020 northern hemisphere influenza season will contain the following:
- an A/Brisbane/02/2018 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
- an A/Kansas/14/2017 (H3N2)-like virus;*
- a B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus B/Victoria/2/87 lineage); and
- a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus (B/Yamagata/16/88 lineage).
WHO recommends that the influenza B virus component of trivalent vaccines for use in the 2019-2020 northern hemisphere influenza season be a B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus of the B/Victoria/2/87-lineage.
* The A(H3N2) component was recommended on March 21, 2019, postponed approximately one month past the original planned strain selection date of February 21, 2019. For more details on this postponement of the H3N2 strain, please read Frequently Asked Questions to the H3N2 component of the recommendation.
For more information, visit:
Addendum to the recommended composition of influenza virus vaccines for use in the 2019-2020 norther hemisphere season
2019-2020 Vaccines - Order Now!
MyFluVaccine.com is now accepting vaccine orders for the 2019-2020 flu season with preferred pricing for early orders.
|Fluad® 0.5 mL PFS||Book Now!|
|Fluzone® High-Dose 0.5 mL PFS||Book Now!|
|Flucelvax® Quad 0.5 mL PFS||Book Now!|
|Flucelvax® Quad 5 mL MDV||Book Now!|
|Afluria® Quad 0.25 mL PFS||Book Now!|
|Afluria® Quad 0.5 mL PFS||Book Now!|
|Afluria® Quad 5 mL MDV||Book Now!|
|Fluzone® Pediatric Quad 0.25 mL PFS||SOLD OUT|
|Fluzone® Quad 0.5 mL PFS||SOLD OUT|
|Fluzone® Quad 0.5 mL SDV||SOLD OUT|
|Fluzone® Quad 5 mL MDV||SOLD OUT|
|Flublok® Quad 0.5 mL PFS||Book Now!|
|FLULAVAL® Quad 0.5 mL PFS||Book Now!|
|FLULAVAL® Quad 5 mL MDV||Book Now!|
|FLUARIX® Quad 0.5 mL PFS||Book Now!|
|FluMist® Quad 0.2 mL spray||Book Now!|